NCBTMB-approved Continuing Education: Himalayan Salt Stone Massage
Earn certification with NCBTMB-approved CE hours — Learn Himalayan Salt Stone Massage
Special message from Ann Brown, Saltability founder: "I love that we have NCBTMB-approval to offer certification for our Himalayan Salt Stone Massage course — educating the single LMT to advance his or her practice and career or working with spa directors to train teams of up to 100 therapists."
Course Description: This course teaches a safe and effective approach for heated, Himalayan Salt Stone Massage. It will enable the therapist to work comfortably using the stones to perform a therapeutic and revitalizing service. This will include the set-up as well as the care and cleaning of the stones. We will explore the therapeutic use and benefits of using hot and cold temperatures on the body as well as any presenting contraindications. It will also include a full-body approach to delivering the massage with the proper amount of lubricant and place a special emphasis on body mechanics and ergonomics. The purpose of the class is to ensure the student has a full understanding of the use of the stones as a therapeutic tool, ensuring the highest level of core competency a therapist will need to provide a stellar client experience.
Please contact us via email to register for this course (scroll down for cost and full details).
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in salt stone massage.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in the care and cleaning of the supplies.
- Students will demonstrate verbal communication skills in describing the therapeutic benefits of Himalayan salts to their clients.
- Students will list the steps in setting up the heater and stones.
- Students will explain the basic effects of hot and cold applications on the body.
- Students will list the contraindications associated with this treatment.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to properly clean and disinfect the supplies.
- Students will describe the benefits of Himalayan salt.
- Students will demonstrate optimal body mechanics and ergonomics when performing the techniques.
- Students will demonstrate applying the stones to the body in a safe and effective manner.
- Students will demonstrate a full-body massage using heated salt stones.
Register now for 6-hour home study course (ONLINE)
- $149.99 course fee. Add on an optional $39.99 starter equipment package (include 6 hand-carved, pure Saltability Himalayan salt massage stones — 2 round, 2 oval, 2 teardrop — and one 4 oz. EPA-registered, hospital grade disinfectant specific for cleaning salt stones).
- Receive frame-ready certificate upon course completion.
- Discount for students is available.*
Please note that registration for course must take place within 30 days from date of purchase.
*10% discount for anyone currently pursuing massage or other spa modality education. Discount good for any Saltability product or education. Discount applied to professional pricing. Must show proof of education status. Discount may not be combined with any other offer, special or discount. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim discount.
Click here to view starter equipment packages for Himalayan salt stone massage CE.